We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect will be processed by us. Please read it carefully to understand your rights regarding your personal data. By visiting this website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
The data controller is Rutland Veterinary Centre, 12a Ayston Road Uppingham LE15 9RL.
What information do we collect from you?
• Information you give us
This is any information that you give us via forms (either filled in at one of our branches, or via the website), or by phone, email or other correspondence. This information may include personal details, including name, address(es), phone number(s), email address(es), animal(s) detail, financial information and bank account information.
• Information we collect from your use of our website
Each time you visit our website we will automatically collect the following information: technical information, such as the internet protocol (IP) address(es) used to connect your device to the internet; where you connected; internet service provider & type of device you use
• Google Analytics
We use this to understand how our website is used. All of the data is anonymous and you can view
• Online information forms
You may choose to provide us with updated information or register with us as a new client via online forms. This will include your contact details and marketing preferences. Please let us know if your information changes so that we can update our records.
Why do we collect this information?
- To register you and your animal(s) on our Practice Management System • For internal record keeping and clinical governance
- To communicate with you in connection with your animal(s) health
- To record your animal(s) health and treatment history and apply relevant fees to your account, together with veterinary prescriptions, diets, consumables and other goods purchased
- To communicate with you for administrative purposes
- To provide you with service communications that enable us to perform our obligations to you
(these may be sent by email, post, telephone or SMS)
- To provide you with marketing communications, including information about goods and services you already receive, and additional goods and services we offer
- To ensure that our website is effective
- To deal with legal queries and comply with legal obligations
Who might we share your information with?
You agree that, for the purposes set out above, we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties, some of whom we appoint to provide services including: business partners, subsidiaries and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Third parties may include drugs, research & purchasing & marketing companies. If you would like more specific information, please contact the Data Processing Officer.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website. • Service suppliers who carry out contractual work with you.
- Additionally, we will disclose your personal information if: we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer; if we are acquired by a third party; if under duty to disclose your data to comply with legal obligations; to enforce our terms & conditions or to protect the rights or safety of our customers.
How long do we hold your information?
We will keep information for a maximum of 6 years after the end of our relationship with you unless we require the data in relation to a claim, for legal reasons or are required to remove data from our records.
How is your data stored and kept secure?
We are committed to protecting your personal and financial information. All electronic information kept by us is on secure servers. All archived paperwork is kept in a locked room with limited access. We may transfer your data outside the European Economic Area e.g. animal transport/export and will only do this on your specific instruction.
You have the right to:
- Ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you before collecting any data if we intend to use it for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- Ask us not to process your personal data where it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, provided there are no compelling reasons for that processing.
- Ask us not to process your personal data for research purposes unless processing is necessary in the public interest.
- Request access to all personal information held about you.
- Ask for the information we hold to be rectified if inaccurate or incomplete.
- Ask for data to be erased provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; you withdraw consent; you exercise your right to object and there are no legitimate grounds for processing; the data is unlawfully processed; to comply with a legal obligation. • Ask for the processing of the information to be restricted if the accuracy of the data is contested; the processing is unlawful; the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; you exercise your right to object.
- Ask for data portability if the processing is carried out by automated means and the legal basis for processing is consent or contract
Accessing your personal information
You have the right to a copy of the information we hold about you. You may make an access request in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Any access request will be processed as required by law, will be free of charge and processed within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the processing of your data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO), which is the supervisory authority for data protection in the UK. We request that you first bring any complaint to our attention before contacting the ICO so that we may take appropriate action to resolve the issue.
This policy may be amended at any time.